In the midst of the chaos, there are several things we are thankful for:
- Fellow missionary friends decided to check the office at 7am on Tuesday. There were already people in line! Because of their phone call, we were able to still get a good spot in line.
- The temperature hovered right around freezing. For January, this is pretty mild!
- We had the opportunity to get to know other missionaries during our stint outside.
- Friends of our who live close to the office (and were on vacation) gave us their keys. We had a warm place to go back to as Nate and I took turns out on the street.
- [From Bethany Only] Nate was gracious and took the overnight shift from midnight - 6am. I was very thankful for his willingness to sacrifice!
Thank you for your prayers for us during this time. God was faithful in so many ways. We're glad the ordeal is over. Now it is time to wait and keep praying!
Here are a few photos from the adventure.
|Nate looking chipper at the beginning!|
|A few hours later...a little less chipper.|
|Trying to stay warm!|
|Friends rejoicing - someone brought us hot McDonald's!|
|Our own little "tent city"|
|One we got inside, they lined us up according to the list.|
|We're done - we handed in our paperwork and got fingerprinted! Now time to sleep.|