- Nate and I celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary. The first year was fun, challenging and full of lots of learning! We love being married, but we also learn new things about marriage and each other every day. If we do not become complacent, this learning will continue for a lifetime.
- We took the leap of faith and began the first steps to apply to serve with WorldVenture back in April. We hit some snags early on and the process felt slow. God taught me more about trusting Him and trusting in His timing.
- We moved to a new apartment...again. The constant transition of living in 4 apartments over the last 4 years (both before and after marriage) has helped us to hold loosely to our immediate circumstances and hold more tightly to God's constancy in our lives.
- We had a few opportunities to travel, rest and relax...Door County in March, Grand Cayman in June, and a few other short trips. We continue to value the importance of getting away and resting. Even when this will be more difficult down the road, we will continue to make this a priority to care for our souls.
- We were accepted to WorldVenture and appointed to Austria in November. What we had been anticipating for years finally is becoming a reality. Now the real trusting begins! Since appointment, I have been learning patience as the process slowly gets underway and doesn't always go as quickly as I would like.
I look back on 2010 and am thankful for what we've learned. In 2011, I resolve to remember these things and continue to build on them.
[image courtesy of newyearseve.com]