One thing I heard, that is something you really only hear around this time of year - Happy Thanksgiving! It is a great encouragement to enjoy being thankful!
I don't think I spend enough time being thankful, so with that in mind here are 5 things I am thankful for based on today's adventures...
Here are 5 things I am I am thankful for today:
- Heat - we went for a short 10 min walk out in the cold, and it made me very thankful that I have a warm house to come home to and a place to live.
- Family - it was very special to have family to meet up with and reconnect with. I truly don't know where I would be with out the support and love of my family.
- Food - Dinner was delicious and I know that there are many people out there that don't have the means to eat the way that we do every day. It is easy to forget this - fish don't often think about how wet they are, but it is important that we thank God for his provisions and seek to give so that we can help others.
- My Wife - This isn't our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, but I am continually thankful to God that He has provided such a wonderful companion for me. I am so blessed to have Bethany in my life to share our adventures.
- Christ - My Grandmother lives in up North where she has retired and last week she had knee surgery. She is doing well and some of the family has been up to see her though we were not able to go up there. We called her this morning and got to talk for a little while and pray with her. She is struggling a little bit to manage the post operative pain, and it was a blessing to get to pray for her on the phone. I am very thankful for my faith in Christ, and his ability to comfort us in our struggles.
What were you reminded to be thankful for this Thanksgiving?
As promised here are some shots from our time at the Carpenter's.
|Grandma and grand daughter|
|Julia sitting with us|
|Carving the turkey|
|Dad and Bethany's Football Celebration|