Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fighting the Wind

The seasons have been changing for a little while now. The weather is now finally to a point where we can get out our bikes and ride.

I love cycling. I love the freedom and the speed and the feeling of finishing a long ride.  Today, however, was one of those adventure days.  The wind was blowing.  It wasn't constant but there were moments when I rounded a corner and got blasted by a gust.  And it didn't stop there.  Head down and peddling hard, there were times that I would get hit by another shot that made me wonder how much longer I could keep this up.

I think there are many times that we feel as though we are peddling into the wind.  It is hard, but I know I am a better rider for taking it on.   Challenges in life breed strength. Even when it feels as though you are getting hit by a gust, thank God that he provides the stength to keep peddling and thank God for the things he is teaching you.


2 comments:

  1. Good analogy here. I have been "bucking" the wind for several months now but I know God is there for me. He is my only source of hope and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with us, it is amazing the strength that God provides.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note or thought here, One condition, you have to be nice. Who knows, you might spark a great discussion!