The plans for our trip have been coming together over the last few weeks. To give you a sense of how our time will be spent, here is an overview of our current itinerary:
Thursday, April 14
- Depart Chicago at 10pm
- Land in Vienna
- Travel to our team leaders' home (Peter & Celeste Persson), where we will stay throughout our time in Vienna
- Spend the day visiting downtown Vienna with Celeste
- Meet Wheaton College friends for a traditional Viennese dinner
- Get over jet lag!
- Attend church Sunday morning at the Gospel Church of Vienna, where Peter and Celeste serve and where we will likely serve during our first 4 years in Austria
- Spend 4 days on the WorldVenture Austria team's annual retreat at this hostel, spending time in prayer, study and fellowship. We look forward to connecting with our future team members and throwing many questions we have about Austria their way!
- Visit the city and gather photos/video to share with supporters in the U.S.
- Attend Good Friday services at Gospel Church of Vienna, including an exciting baptism service!
- Travel to the other side of Vienna and attend an evening house church service with Tim and Mary Lou Tiner (fellow WorldVenture team members). This church could also be a potential place of ministry for u
- Attend Easter morning services and a fellowship breakfast at Gospel Church of Vienna
- Travel out of Vienna with a church member to go rock climbing and to learn more about the outdoor culture of Austria
- Meet with some missionaries with TEAM (another missions agency) and the leadership of an Austrian Evangelical Church Fellowship to discuss a 2015 church planting opportunity
- Visit the future site of the 2015 church plant
- Spend the afternoon visiting with the TEAM missionaries, getting to know them and their family
- Take final photos and video to add to our ministry presentation
- Purchase food and items to bring home to share with family and friends
- Fly back to Chicago
We would appreciate your prayers as we embark on this adventure. Please pray for...
- A renewing and restful spiritual retreat with our WorldVenture team
- Great times of connecting with our future team members, including the opportunity for all of our questions to be answered
- The Lord to clearly lead us in how to spend our time
- Effective and encouraging ministry meetings
- Safety in travel