Monday, September 10, 2012

Amazed by the Ordinary

I have heard it said that photography does two things. The first is taking the experience of truly beautiful places and distilling it into a single image. It takes places about which most people only dream and captures the magic of that experience. The other is taking ordinary places and pointing out how they are extraordinary. Both of these are fun...there is something about finding unique angles to everyday objects.

This is why I love macro photography. It takes small areas of our world that we see every day and explores them up close. It shows us a whole new layer of complexity that is right under the surface of our own world. It gives us a brand new perspective on the objects we interact with all the time. It reminds me that I need to be

Today I came across a blog I follow. Josh posted two macro photos of dragon flies that were exceptional. Click the link to head over there and see them. I had one of those, "Wow!" moments when I saw them for the first time. I have seen dragon flies so many times, but I don't think I have ever seen them this way.

What gives you that feeling of wonder a curiosity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note or thought here, One condition, you have to be nice. Who knows, you might spark a great discussion!