Saturday, April 20, 2013

Signs of Spring

Part of the fun of having a new place to live in is that we get to try our hand at an herb and veggie garden again. The last time we were really able to attempt this was back in Illinois. We had mixed success last time around, but I (Nate) have been trying to learn all I can from the internet. We are only a week or so into it, and we already have sprouts. Today I got out my macro set up (taking close up pictures of things) to take some photos. Here are a few that I really liked!

baby sage leaf

Also sage. Once the first leaves sprout, these little ones form in between the stem.

Brand new mint leaves


This is zoomed in on the mint leaves. I really love the texture of the cells on the leaf.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will share some cultural recipes when you add these herbs to your food:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will for sure, fresh herbs make such a big difference in dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note or thought here, One condition, you have to be nice. Who knows, you might spark a great discussion!