Tuesday, August 14, 2012

This is really happening...

Photo credit: ppdigital from morguefile.com


Something has happened this week. I've had a light bulb moment, and it's finally sinking in...we're moving to Austria soon. This is really happening.

Along the journey of raising support, something in the back of my mind was always waiting for the next shoe to drop, for the door to close or for us not to make it. I try to be a "realist", so I always try to prepare for the worst and then, according to my theory, I'm surprised when things work out (this also leads to worry, though, so it's not a great way to live). So, I've been preparing myself for the worst - not going to Vienna.

This past week, we had a major bump up in our support. We're now at 96.6% and we just need a few more people to come on board to be fully funded. 100%. Somehow, I thought the day would never arrive when we'd reach that number, but it actually feels like it's just around the corner.

So this last week, I've experienced a mental shift. I've moved on from the worry about the support raising and the possibility of us not going. My fear and worry about "the worst" happening is now replaced with a confidence. This is really happening. God has opened the door and we're about to step through. We're actually moving to Austria.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note or thought here, One condition, you have to be nice. Who knows, you might spark a great discussion!