Friday, October 28, 2011

Left to Tell


I love to get absorbed and lost in a book. When a story is well-written and compelling, I can easily spend hours engrossed in its pages, pulled into the plot and characters.

Fictional stories are fun to read, but a true account is especially powerful. And that is why I want to recommend my most recent read entitled Left to Tell. It is the true autobiographical account of Immaculee Ilibagiza, a strong woman who survived the Rwandan genocide. Her story had a huge impact on me. It was not just her own personal strength that pulled her through and helped her to survive the genocide; it was the strength she found in God, who gave her the hope, tenacity, and resilience to survive and the grace to forgive.

The book is a quick read, but a memorable and powerful one. Reading her story helped to put my own struggles into perspective. If the Lord can carry Immaculee through this horrific experience, how much more will He carry me through my difficult days? What are ways that I can emulate her by forgiving those who hurt me and praising God's name when He answers prayer?

Looking for your next read? Definitely consider Left to Tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note or thought here, One condition, you have to be nice. Who knows, you might spark a great discussion!