Tuesday, July 12, 2011

No place to call home...



It's official. Two weeks ago, we moved out of our apartment and into a nomadic life. We packed the essential items into our car, and the rest of the things we kept (and did not sell) are in permanent storage in a friend's basement. We are unemployed, homeless and wandering!

To be honest, I was pretty nervous about this transition as it drew closer. I have never experienced such a life of transition and this will be a very new experience in our marriage, no longer have a place of our own. I am looking forward to having the opportunity to see many friends and family, and I enjoy having a flexible schedule. However, I know that this year of preparation for Austria will be challenging. I know that I will miss having a home and having the privacy we had before. I will probably get tired of sleeping in other people's beds and living out of a suitcase. I will miss having consistency and normalcy. I will miss having my own kitchen and a stocked pantry to cook from. And I will be challenged as I depend on others more than I ever have as an adult, accepting generosity that will surely make me uncomfortable at times (and already has).

I know this year will be hard, but there is no way I can predict how it will be hard. So how do I prepare to face these challenges, when they are so unknown?

I know I need to pray and seek the Lord fervently as I prepare and begin this new lifestyle. He does not change and will be our constant during all this transition. But that is easier said than done.

If you are reading this, please pray for us as we venture into this new life!

How do you prepare for difficult times you know are ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note or thought here, One condition, you have to be nice. Who knows, you might spark a great discussion!